Assistant Director of Program Management and Recruitment, Executive Degree Program - McDonough Scho
7 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Director of Program Management and Recruitment, Executive Degree Program - McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) - located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations - develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment. The overall goal of its Office of Marketing and Communications is to increase visibility of the McDonough School of Business. Our
Executive Degree Programs cater to the lifestyle and learning style of busy professionals, providing an advanced business degree with a global emphasis. All executive degree programs are taught by professors who are academic and industry leaders. Most programs feature international consulting projects that immerse students in business cultures around the world. As part of the Georgetown community, students are connected to peers, professors, professionals, and alumni — a valuable network that is characteristic of all Georgetown University programs. The result is a transformational experience — on both a professional and personal level.
The Assistant Director of Program Management and Recruitment is principally responsible for overseeing all administrative and operational activities and for supporting all admissions and data management processes related to the successful execution and recruitment of the newly created Master of Arts in International Business and Policy (MA-IBP) program, the first joint program offering between the McDonough School of Business and School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Reporting to the Senior Assistant Dean of Program Management, and working closely with the Associate Dean of Admissions and Outreach in Executive Education, the Assistant Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages the planning, preparation and delivery of six (6) modular, week-long residencies (both domestically and abroad) and two month-long online courses for 30+ students annually
- Manages all aspects of obtaining course materials and program supplies, general logistics (space, transportation, and technology) as well as coordinating extensive catering, external meals and cultural/professional events,
- Actively engages in the delivery of each residency and in providing support for the students throughout the residency.
- Takes the lead role and travels abroad with at least one of the global residency programs annually, with responsibility for logistics, budget, and contracts, as well as coordination with faculty and students to ensure the best possible experience for each cohort.
Recruitment Support to the Admissions team
- Helps to track all applications in the admissions database and provide continual reports on each applicant's status and other timely admissions statistics.
- Once an applicant profile is complete, consolidates and shares all application materials to the Admissions Committee for review.
- Following an admissions decision, works closely with the Recruitment Manager to streamline communication and ensure a smooth transition from prospect to applicant status.
- For applicants, serves as the primary point-of-contact for all admitted students.
- With each cohort, takes the lead role in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive student and alumni database used for program management, alumni relations, and rankings purposes.
For Both Program Management and Recruitment Support
- Manages managing various logistical and student services aspects of the degree program.
- Ensures the program costs remain within budget parameters and ensures effective and efficient processes relating to physical space, technology, academic support, promotional materials, and catering.
- Builds relationships with various University departments and evaluates/manages vendor relationships to ensure the highest quality program delivery for students.
- Takes an active role in student services by working directly with students during in-person modules as well as providing support in between on-campus meetings.
- Takes responsibility as needed for the independent oversight of the program during in-person modules, online courses, and international residencies.
- Manages the overall coordination of several critical events including the Alumni Holiday Party, program Commencements and other special events throughout the year.
- Maintains the event budget and contracts, securing space, catering, materials and communications.
- Generates reports that assess the effectiveness and quality of these events.
- Bachelor's degree - Master's degree in a related field preferred
- Exceptional skills in time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- A strong professional presence
- High level of attention to detail
- An eye for process improvement, financial planning, negotiation and budget management
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.