Director of Programming, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education Center - Georgetown Un
Director of Programming, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education Center - Georgetown University Law Center
Georgetown Law's Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education Center has four primary goals: to enhance the brand and reputation of Georgetown University Law Center, to bring alumni back to the Law Center as volunteers and customers and add value to their connection with their alma mater, to work with volunteers to plan and execute high-quality in-person and web-based continuing legal education programs, and to achieve the budgeted surplus established by the Law Center Finance Committee. The department annually works with approximately 350 program advisory board members, 500 speakers, and welcomes over 3,000 program participants.
The Director of Programming works leads the implementation and execution of the program planning process, as well as the two program planning teams. S/he manages personnel and program planning for both live-in person and online CLE programming, develops webinars and cooperates in maximizing revenue potential for the department, advances strategic initiatives in the early stages of new projects or programming; and has a high level of interaction with Georgetown faculty and personnel, program Advisory Board members and Planning Committees, speakers, program participants, and executives from our online CLE vendor, InReach. Reporting to the Center's Executive director, the Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Meets regularly with the Assistant Dean to strategize and confirm department priorities.
- Implements strategic plan initiatives.
- Collaborates with relevant team members and stakeholders.
Collaboration with the Assistant Dean
- Develops Law Center, University, and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Serves as a principal aide to the Assistant Dean.
- Coordinates with the Program Attorneys, Business Operations Manager, and Marketing Manager to ensure timely and effective implementation of the department's priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Represents the Assistant Dean and acts on behalf of the department when the Assistant Dean is temporarily unavailable.
Workflows, Project Management, and Change Management
- Maintains knowledge of project management best practices and technology solutions software.
- Develops and oversees project plans and time lines, including identifying required resources.
- Ensures follow-through on the part of key personnel.
- Manages and participates in the program planning process, collaborating with Program Attorneys and Program Coordinators in order to meet program planning deadlines and produce deliverables.
- Provides feedback on all CLE program analyses to the program planning teams.
- Provides suggestions on faculty, content and marketing for all CLE programs.
- Helps monitor competitive CLE programs and products.
- Participates in all significant budget discussions and analyses.
- Reviews all program-related contracts and sponsorship agreements.
- Provides oversight of academic conferences.
- Advances specific strategic initiatives.
- Oversees special projects and collaborates with appropriate team members per the specific project.
- Advances research and planning for new revenue-driven initiatives.
Online Continuing Legal Education
- Oversees online CLE strategic plan initiatives, contract negotiation and day-to-day operations of online CLE projects.
- Develops webinars and other online programming.
- Enhances revenue generation, including working closely with Marketing Manager, as appropriate, to implement online CLE marketing initiatives.
- Supervises Program Attorney positions and close oversight of Program Coordinator positions.
- Sets goals and conducts performance management, includes annual performance review.
- Provides oversight of program planning and live webcasting.
- Conducts regular supervisory meetings.
- Participates in the hiring process of all team members.
- Works closely with Assistant Dean to create opportunities for team members' professional growth.
- Works with key team members to determine and approve onboarding and training plans.
- Provides training of new employees and cross-training of current employees.
- Bachelor's degree - Juris Doctorate strongly preferred (relevant commensurate experience acceptable)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the continuing education profession, professional development or in a legal environment
- Preference for experience in the following areas: special events management, project management, revenue generation, and/or professional development
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.