Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Office of Marketing
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.3
UMUC is seeking a Senior Marketing Communications Manager. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Brand Marketing Communications, the Senior Marketing Communications Manager will support strategic planning and execution of marketing communications for internal stakeholders. Specifically, this role is responsible for proactively supporting Marketing's efforts to positively impact enrollments generated through UMUC's Military, Community College and Employer/Corporate relationships. This role also provides, as needed, efficiently planned and well-crafted marketing communications to student, alumni and faculty/staff in collaboration with the Communications, Academic and Alumni teams.
The role will require close collaboration with the Director Acquisition Marketing, Director Creative Planning, and Manager Marketing Strategy to create marketing plans, strategies and insights that meet client-specific objectives. Additionally, the role will require an in-depth understanding of key audiences, analysis of metrics and performance to make actionable recommendations. Executional and tactical elements of this role will be supported by the Marketing Coordinator.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with and provide data-driven strategic and best-practices recommendations to internal stakeholder teams
- Work with the Manager, Marketing Strategy to generate valuable insights through research and internal and external data analysis
- Liaise with the Director Creative Planning and Director Acquisition Marketing to ensure the paid media and advertising messaging is aligned with strategic plans, geared to achieve key audience objectives and in-sync with advertising messaging
- Write and submit strategic, concise and data-informed creative briefs for marketing communications materials
- Strategically and efficiently manage projects through the Marketing Services team to optimize and responsibly leverage those resources
- Maximize communication and efficient management of projects via internal marketing project management system, Workfront
- Work in partnership with the Director, Creative Planning to maintain current, accurate and compelling “master briefs” that encapsulate the critical audience insights and proof points necessary to inform marketing communications
- Assist in tracking initiative success (leads-apps-enrolls) and provide strategic recommendations to improve results; report on marketing effectiveness by campaign
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in related discipline (marketing, management, communications) from an accredited institution of higher learning is required.
- Seven -eight (7-8) years of related experience is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong project management skills and the talent to leverage creative resources efficiently
- Have the ability to identify enrollment-driving opportunities, set priorities and proactively recommend the most effective strategy to achieve objectives
- Be a natural relationship builder with the ability to lead cross functional teams without direct ownership and conduct difficult conversations with confidence
- Have the ability to extract value from data to make solid recommendations
- Be a self-starter that takes initiative and moves projects forward without specific guidance
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.