7 days left
- Full Time
Justice Federal Credit Union seeks a Controller to provide leadership and coordination of Justice FCU’s accounting and budget management functions.
Duties for this position include:
- Monitors and analyzes monthly operating results against budget, and proactively communicate and address budgetary issues with Senior Management.
- Ensures that investment and daily cash management activities are properly recorded, and that any liquidity matters are discussed with the EVP/CFO in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial data; ensuring financial reports are prepared in accordance with GAAP and NCUA regulations and that all general ledger and subsidiary accounts are reconciled according to a defined schedule and are in compliance with GAAP and NCUA.
- Ensures that all ATM, ACH, Federal Reserve and Share Draft activities are completed according to a defined schedule and are in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Provides data and input for all ALM, product/branch profitability and forecasting analyses.
- Monitors and researches new accounting pronouncements and developments from authoritative bodies (FASB, AICPA, NCUA) and identify any financial impact to the Credit Union.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5 -10 or more years of accounting, preferably in a credit union or similar financial institution.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, regulatory practices and automated accounting systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, financial data, regulations, pronouncements, correspondence and memorandums.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to prepare extensive written documentations on financial reports, financial highlights and minutes of any management meeting. Ability to prepare white papers on accounting issues; written reports on budgets, plans, correspondence and reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to staff and management.
Justice FCU offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits package around that includes generous leave, 401k with excellent employer match, health, dental, and prescription coverage, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, and more.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good credit history and the ability to pass a background are required. Visit www.jfcu.org for more information. EOE
Apply for Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly