SUMMARY: The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in optimizing American Forests’ digital communications channels to grow a larger, more engaged audience, increase support from online platforms, and strengthen American Forests’ brand visibility. They also assist with the development and execution of marketing campaigns that promote the organization’s corporate partnerships.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS: Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience in social media management and digital marketing strategies, ideally for a nonprofit organization. The ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects, juggle competing priorities and work effectively within teams is essential. Required skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- Collaborative team player
- Good editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media management systems (e.g. Hootsuite)
- Fluency in CMS web publishing platforms (e.g. WordPress)
Adobe Creative Suite experience (notably Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere) is strongly preferred.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree is required. A focus in marketing or communications is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of work is performed in a general office environment, with occasional opportunities to travel. American Forests is located in downtown Washington, D.C., within walking distance of Metro stations on all lines, multiple bus lines, and Capital Bikeshare.
1.Social Media (50%)
- Coordinate an editorial calendar for and publish content to American Forests’ various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Working with the VP of Communications and Director of Communications, create and execute social media marketing campaigns related to our programmatic work and/or corporate partnerships that grow our audiences and strengthen brand awareness.
2. Digital Marketing (30%)
- Manage website content by drafting and updating pages on a regular schedule. Assist with execution of overall website strategy in collaboration with senior management and the IT department.
- Implement SEO strategies and updates to increase traffic and conversions on the website.
- Coordinate new webpages and online engagement functionality for the organization’s marketing campaigns.
- Administer Google AdWords campaigns for American Forests and its programs.
3.Images & Graphics (15%)
- Research, compile and edit the organization’s photo library.
- Create graphics for social media posts.
- Supervise marketing/social media interns.
- Other duties as assigned