Sr Administrator, Systems
Job duties: Performs the following duties with routine oversight:
- Provides support in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core network infrastructure. This includes core network switches, end switches, network drawing, maintain current designs and well as developing future design requirements. Entry level or Journeyman level support for Sr. Admin Network Administrators.
- Provides support and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading application servers, SAN storage for production, test and development environments. These may include Windows-based systems and a variety of UNIX variants. Ensures that software updates, patches and configurations are maintained to current standards, assists with account creations and permission granting as well monitoring and tweaking system parameters to maximize system performance.
- Provides the leadership and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core network infrastructure. This includes core network switches, end switches, network drawing, maintain current designs and well as developing future design requirements.
- Provides support in the configuration and maintenance of desk tops and software installation. Provides support in the area of IA support ensuring that all necessary patches and upgrades have been properly installed and configured. Performs scanning and other means of validation to identify potential threats as well as confirming proper configuration has been met. Areas of support include a Windows-based system, UNIX variants, Networks, and data base products.
- Takes directions and guidance from Sr. Network Administrators and Leads
Sr System Administrator Information Assurance Certification: IAT 3 (GCIH; CISA; CISSP; GCED)
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.