With minimal supervision, the Systems Administrator works as part of a large enterprise team to provide support on multiple Department of Defense (DoD) networks and enclaves. Performs regular hardware and software updates, and provides troubleshooting and technical support services, maintains and utilizes build guides to support standards for servers. Ensures servers are in compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), FRAGOs, MTO's and other tasking orders. Provides technical support and troubleshooting, performs installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of Data Center servers and related software. Deliver technical support to the USSOCOM and its Enterprise components, over the phone or on site, as required. Additionally, must be able to implement system management tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) outlined by SOCOM, and as needed, support ancillary Data Center Services. Reads, understands and applies complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships. Interacts with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 teams or contractors to restore service and/or identify core problems. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end users and customers. Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing, and special projects as needed. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Provides additional systems administrative support as required in additional areas such as file servers, print servers, network access, mobile devices, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Exchange, Information Security, virus protection, and COOP. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience. Qualifications
- 2-3 years in at least three of the following areas: file servers, print servers, network access, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Exchange, Information Security, virus protection, Windows 7 and desktop applications.
- 2-3 years configuration, troubleshooting, and maintaining Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems, to include Win 7 / 10
- Ability to support 24x7x365 work schedule, shift work and travel as required, in support of customer initiatives
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, networking fundamentals
- Exposure to DoD Configuration Management, Information Assurance, and Systems Lifecycle Management processes
- Self-starter, motivated, shows initiative, and learns fast
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and maintain sustainment documentation
- Creating and updating systems lifecycle documentation, as required
- Must maintain DoD 8570 compliance. Security + required to start.
- Applicable MCTS/MCITP certification required for position, but will waive for first six months
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred