DUTIES INLCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Develops procurement documents and pre-negotiation position for construction solicitations, respond to request for information during solicitation period, etc., including prepare, execute and award construction contracts , terms and conditions, determine the type of contract and negotiation authority to be used and prepare required justification.
• Prepares and reviews documents, including Recommendations to ensure high standards of quality.
• Reviews purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with government and agency policies and procedures; determines the most appropriate method of procurement; determines if requested items can be obtained via an existing contract; conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences, distribution of bid invitations and participates in walk-throughs with bidders/offerors on site locations.
• Gathers, compiles and tabulates bids; evaluates price quotes and compares to specifications; researches vendors and evaluates their ability to provide quality materials, equipment, and services; selects or recommends the most advantageous bid; drafts final contract and notifying winning vendor.
• Conducts market place analyses to construct pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, and similar considerations; prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using assigned systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on work items. Performs analysis of costs based on prevailing material and labor costs; recommends modifications to contractual arrangements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight time frame. Advanced knowledge working with all aspects of construction and construction related documents.
• Expert knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, and acquisition planning and implementation of contracts to carry out pre-award and post-award procurement actions such as formal advertising negotiation, fixed price cost contracting, and use of special provisions and incentive programs.
• Professional knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques such as cost estimating sufficient to evaluate a contractor’s proposal and prepare a pre-negotiation position with justification.
• Advance knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of bids including responsiveness ranges, contractor responsibility and contractor performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of construction program management and project management, with demonstrated success in application of customer servicing and problem resolution skills including conducting root cause analyses; proven ability to manage projects from concept through implementation.
• Excellent knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office; advanced experience in working hands-on with web-based applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in procurement; OR any combination of education and experience which exhibits the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College required.
• Certification in public purchasing is desirable, but not required.