Interior Design Assistant
PART TIME DESIGN ASSIST
Growing Alexandria based interior design firm is looking for a responsible, mature, extremely organized, self-motivated individual to perform a variety of duties. Previous design experience is required for consideration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have strong computer skills with immediate proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCad is an absolute requirement for this position
- Proficiency in 20/20 and SketchUp and any other Adobe creative programs is a plus.
- Experience and proficiency with project management / job tracking programs
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills including strong proofreading capabilities.
- Candidate must have their own car.
- Excellent time / project management and scheduling
- Good at “figuring things out”
- Experience drafting, rendering and sketching by hand and on the computer
Tasks will include (but not be limited to):
- Picking up and returning samples, running various errands.
- Tracking & following up on orders.
- Keeping the office and sample library clean and organized.
- Job site visits, measuring, note taking, meeting minutes.
- Assisting with, and sometimes overseeing, project installs, photo shoots, etc.
- NOTE: There will be creative tasks but this is not the focus of this position. The primary focus of this position is to provide administrative support to the lead designer.
- Discreet & extremely trust worthy
- High work ethic
- Proactive yet also takes direction well.
- Team player
- Positive, friendly personality and "good manners"
Please email cover letter and resume. No phone calls.