Assistant Plant Manager - Book Manufacturing
6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Plant Manager- Printing
- Assist plant manager in managing book manufacturing facility
- Inventory management
- Production scheduling for entire plant. Work with IT to develop internal tracking and scheduling systems and reports using the EFI information system
- Assist in the development of quality control procedures. Measure waste and performance of production departments. Analyze current production methods and modify and enact more efficient ones. Set up cost control procedures.
- Communicating and working with external vendors. Analyze future company needs and new technologies as related to key areas of company growth.
- Work towards developing process improvements
- Manage preventative maintenance program
- Assist with manufacturing equipment repair
- Candidate must have a detailed background in-house printing operations, along with digital, high-end color and fulfillment.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in one of the following: as assistant plant manager, plant coordinator/operations manager in a print/publishing environment
- Candidate should have experience in developing and managing preventative maintenance programs.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills of managing a minimum of 30 people, with demonstrated successful experience leading a workforce of 100-150 personnel
- Candidate must have excellent skills in short and long term planning for labor, materials, equipment capacities, and overall facility capacities
- Must have strong leadership skills, dedication to build a strong team and have excellent communication and organizational skills; be detailed oriented; have the ability to work within a fast paced environment, and be committed to servicing clients. Military leadership experience is highly favorable.
- Mechanical ability is highly desired, existing equipment includes (C.P.Bourg, Horizon PUR, ODM, Kolbus lines)
- Technically sound in the following areas: sheet fed and web printing, digital sheet fed and web printing, binding, stitching and inserting equipment
- Background in safety and ability to understand all state requirements necessary
We are proud to offer
- Excellent and competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Generous vacation accrual
Job Type: Full-time
- Northern Virginia
Apply for Assistant Plant Manager - Book Manufacturing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly