Sunny’s Worldwide Transportation, headquartered in Sterling, VA, is seeking a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the company’s President, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The accountant will be involved in managing accounting staff and will work closely with operations, sales and customer service departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Senior Accountant will lead and supervise day to day accounting activities including cash management, accounts payables, accounts receivable, payroll, and journal entries reviews
- Monthly review subsidiary and inter-company transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure that transactions involving commissions and bonuses are processed timely and with adequate supporting documentation
- Responsible for cash management and bank reconciliation on a timely basis and with proper controls
- Lead and manage tax planning efforts with company’s tax accountant and provide company’s President with periodic updates
- Monitor and ensure debt payments are processed timely
- Issue timely and complete monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and bank account reconciliations
- Provide to president and department management analytical reports including budget to actual and month over month variance analysis with proper explanations of material fluctuations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and monthly forecast in partnership with operations and sales department
- Provide financial analysis to management as needed or requested
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
- Manage outsourced functions including providing independent CPA firm all required tax information timely
- Manage accounting staff and provide them with training and support as needed
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; five or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hands on experience, of at least three years, with internal control, tax planning and filing, budget preparation and inter-company transactions.
Please apply vie email at email@example.com with copy of your resume.