Customer Liaison/Data Sources
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
This position is typically populated by degreed professional subject-matter experts performing specialized analysis and design tasks. It is not to be used for technical support or help desk staff performing installation, troubleshooting, and/or repair tasks.
- Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
- Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
- Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
- Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
- Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
- Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
- Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
- Conducts functional testing of various systems.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.