Shipping and Receiving Specialist (907-679)
The Shipping & Receiving Specialists a non-supervisory position that is operational supporting receiving and shipping materials for headquarters facility in Rockville, MD. The incumbent will be responsible for proper accounting of materials received at USP from all vendors including validation of materials received and the proper recording of the receipt into the ERP system. This position will also deliver and gain signatures of receipt of the requestor or appropriate party.
Additionally this position will be responsible for shipping all materials from headquarters, other than mail, ensuring proper packaging and paperwork to be in full compliance with US DOT and IATA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accept packages from carriers validating units received and condition of material
- Opens packages and validates quantity/description on packing list vs. quantity/ description received.
- Enters receipts into ERP system
- Completes “Receiving Discrepancy Report” for any variances between packing list/ actual received product and purchase order in ERP system
- Delivers items to requestor or appropriate parties obtaining signature of person in department receiving the item, and any express envelops
- Packs all outgoing items to be in full compliance with all US DOT and IATA regulations
- Completes all required paperwork for material shipped from headquarters ensuring all documents are in full compliance with all US DOT and IATA regulations
- Acts as backup the receiving/mail specialist to deliver and pick up mail and other express envelops as needed
- Acts as a liaison with staff to answer receiving questions, including courier contact
- Responsible for completion of all paperwork and electronic systems required for receipt of goods at USP.
- Investigates quantity discrepancies when there is no receipt when an invoice has been presented for payment
- Transports product from other locations, as needed, using company vehicle.
- Participates in USP’s Certified Cargo Screening Facility (CCSF) program
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma required
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast paced receiving department handling receiving and accounting for goods received
- Associate’s degree in warehouse operations
- Excellent verbal and written communicator skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, and a good driving record
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, organization skills, and time management.
- Sense of urgency and sound judgment needed.
- Ability to certify in USP’s Cargo Screening Facility (CCSF) program
- US DOT and IATA hazardous materials shipping certifications
- At least 1 years’ of shipping experience including shipping of hazardous materials both internationally and domestically
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular