Are you someone who is passionate about both health care and education? At the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA), we are committed to transforming PA education and health care by leading and serving the PA educational community. As the national leader in PA education, the Association delivers a large array of educational resources, products, and services specifically designed to meet the emerging needs of PA programs.
The Association is currently looking for a creative and results-oriented individual with a passion for driving the development and delivery of online learning to join the Professional and Organizational Development team. The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience using online, face-to-face, and blended approaches to training and development. The Instructional Specialist is responsible for managing the development and delivery of online professional education content for PA educators, including the instructional design and instructional technology components. This position requires experience working with learning management systems and online authoring tools, as well as knowledge and understanding of contemporary adult education principles. PAEA encourages women, minorities, and people with disabilities to apply.
- Develop and design online courses, including instructional design, identification of appropriate delivery methods, and the placement of text, images, and other multimedia
- Deploy and manage online courses and other educational content in the Association’s learning management system
- Build and troubleshoot online course functionality, including discussion boards, assignments, quizzes, etc.
- Compile and utilize survey and assessment results for quality improvement
- Facilitate ongoing environmental scanning and needs assessments that will help inform the Association’s online learning strategy
- Identify and leverage cross-departmental channels for collaboration
- Recruit and manage subject matter experts for learning programs
- Manage learning initiatives, as assigned, ensuring clear goals and meaningful metrics
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education, instructional design, or a related field directly applicable to this role is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in online education development and delivery.
- Experience with learning management systems and online learning authoring tools, e.g. Articulate.
Skills and Abilities
- Digital audio and video production
- Ability to effectively work with and manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including subject matter experts, to ensure successful outcomes.
- Understanding of best practices in adult learning theory and online educational development.
- Ability to drive successful completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, multimedia software (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud), and educational technology applications that support learning and engagement.
- Must collaborate regularly and effectively, working with other teams such as meetings, communications, and research.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to determine and gather the necessary evidence to make evidence-informed decisions for content development.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please send your cover letter, including relevant experience and motivation for application, resume, salary requirement, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please put "PAEA Instructional Specialist" in the subject line of your email.
PAEA encourages women, minorities, and people with disabilities to apply.