Manager of Capital Design
Loudoun Water is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to more than 280,000 customers in Loudoun County, VA, one of the fastest growing counties in the country. Loudoun Water is responding to this increase in growth by planning and constructing infrastructure to meet the needs of the future, including upgrades to its Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility (BRWRF). Loudoun Water is also concentrating on upgrades to our existing infrastructure to extend its useful life and plan for replacements as needed.
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for the Manager of Capital Design in the Planning & Engineering Division, which provides planning and engineering support across the company. The Manager of Capital Design will be responsible for overseeing all design projects within the Loudoun Water Capital Improvement Program. Essential functions include:
- Provide appropriate project oversight to ensure adequate resources are available to execute the work;
- Develop and maintain project management processes and ensure projects comply with scope, schedule, and budget requirements;
- Understand water and wastewater systems including pipeline, pumping, and treatment plant design;
- Develop, mentor, and evaluate performance of staff;
- Build consensus among internal stakeholders on design decisions;
- Use engineering judgment to remove obstacles and proceed with projects;
- Lead public presentations and interface with various government agencies;
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies for permits and project approvals;
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter with an eye for quality and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and a minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design and management experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. Process engineering experience in water and/or wastewater treatment a plus. MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is required.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE