Network Administrator NCC - Active TS/SCI Req'd
4 days left
- Full Time
With a wide range of knowledge, designs, installs and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures and trains users. Will be working shift in a Network Control Center 24x7x365.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
- Creates new solutions to network problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
- Manages expenditures effectively and maintains organized ordering process
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- CCNA or equivalent preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m (CompTIA Security ) Certification Required