Data Center Infrastructure Solutions Architect (TS-SCI)
4 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Researches, designs, and develops Data Center Solutions including Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, and EMS for large scale, multi-site solutions. Expert in current industry Data Center capabilities and functionality including; consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design. Experienced in service automation and provisioning, power consumption and distribution, cooling and floor loading. Understanding of Data Center implementation planning and sequencing, Development, Test and Government Accreditation process, Applications Migration, Data and User transition, Centralized Systems Operations, Backup, COOP, and other ITIL process disciplines that contribute to Total Cost of Ownership.
- Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet/exceed management and customer specifications as well as be most cost effective. Evaluating/documenting Data Center design alternatives, and Cloud design alternatives and qualifying efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, and development cost projections.
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Conduct trade off analysis to identify cost effective means to staff and operate designed services. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Perform Client Assessment. Must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing a client's As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a road-map to achieve the To-Be vision based on a Cloud Architect scalability
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identify mechanisms to efficiently transition customers from legacy solutions to system solution designs being proposed. To include transition from legacy identify management systems without loss of service.
- May be bid as Key Personnel in Solution Delivery.
- Can serve as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
2. Leads the development of compliant, clear, and compelling proposal content to support capture of large systems integration and delivery efforts. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Architectures, System Development Packages, BoMs.
3. Leads development of the Service Delivery CONOPS for Data Center Solutions. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Delivery Plans, Organization Charts, Staffing Estimates, BoEs.
4. Contributes to Sales efforts and creation of specific White Papers and Demonstration content to identify and leverage GDIT existing capabilities into new accounts.
5. Other Duties include:
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
Active/Current TS-SCI security clearance
Bachelors Degree in related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work/military experience. Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.