Sales Director, USG Programs, Global Network Solutions
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Sales Director, USG Programs, Global Network Solutions will be responsible for sales of Global Network Solutions to the U.S. Government, U.S. Government Contractors, and Commercial entities. The successful candidate will work with an internal team and end users to develop solutions including fixed and mobile satellite communications services for VSAT, Ground Mobile and Aeronautical Platforms and associated hardware. He/She will be responsible for early identification, development, management and closing of new and ongoing business opportunities in CONUS and the international marketplace. These responsibilities include sales management of customers at various organizational levels and it is expected the Sales Director be able to speak and present at each level. The Sales Director will be responsible for a significant revenue quota as determined by Management. Prior experience and knowledge developing new business with DoD Service Systems/Acquistion Commands, Geographic Combatant Commands, Special Operations Command and Manned/Unmanned Aeronautical Platforms is preferred.
- Meet and/or exceed Quota established by IGC Management. Act as lead contact for assigned customer base. Establish frequent interaction with the respective customer base via ongoing customer visits, written and verbal communication. Manage personal Opex/Travel budget. Manage Cost of Sales.
- Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis as a means of broadening the company's revenue mix/portfolio of bandwidth and ground network services.
- Establish major revenue generating business development opportunities within assigned territories, primarily the US Department of Defense Community, involving multiple customers and agency departments.
- Develop and implement sales-driven actions, including a Pipeline and Revenue Plan, a Strategic Account plan and Action Plans to meet or exceed the quota targets including current and future revenue goals.
- Provide clear, timely and comprehensive proposals, quotes, service and product updates to existing and potential customers.
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each assigned account and opportunity in SalesForce.com and other management reports as required.
- Develop a strong and deep sales funnel or pipeline of opportunities across the assigned sectors, as defined by the territory plan in order to deliver near-term, mid-term and long-term revenue objectives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional "capture teams" of personnel in Bids & Proposals, Engineering, Operations, Contracting, and Finance.
- Work closely with the assigned Manger and VP to collaborate on account strategies, customer meeting goals, prospecting plans, Pursue-no-Pursue and Bid-no-Bid presentations.
- Use prior experience and knowledge developing new business in fixed and mobile satellite services areas to improve IGC positioning with specific Combatant Command and other DoD / Federal customers.
- Use prior and experience and knowledge with selling and overseeing expansion opportunities on major fixed satellite services networks to help drive new end-to-end business to IGC through new contract vehicles.
- Establish accountable, actionable "win strategies" and capture plans for each targeted opportunity.
- Serve as the "capture manager" for assigned opportunities
- Retain comprehensive knowledge of product, network solutions and services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide reports to the Sales Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing, and Vice President of Sales and Business Development on status of current activities and advises on customer-related issues, regional priorities, business activities and opportunities.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates who are not US Citizens will not be considered for this role.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance at or above the Secret level or as required for the role.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, an applicable technical degree or a degree in a relevant field. Master's degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant expereince. Consideration will be given to candidates possessing a combination of educational and expereince requirements.
- Must have a very large and well-established base of contacts within the Department of Defense (to include Geographic Combatant Commands, Special Operations Command, and service components).
- Must have recent experience with US Government contracting vehicles such as FCSA, Custom Satcom Solutions (CS3) and GSA Schedule 70, in addition to other governemnt contracting vehicles used to purchase satellite systems support.
- Must have expert-level knowledge of the key technical aspects of satellite services including:
- Transmission analysis,
- Communications payloads for communications satellites,
- Ground network systems to include IP, voice, VSAT and modem technologies,
- Department of Defense Communications systems/architectures, to include both manned and unmanned ISR platforms;
- Major VSAT networks and end-to-end satellite technology including: Antennas, modems, teleport systems, space segment and installation, program management and field services.
- Outstanding complete sales process skills from prospecting/cold calling to deal closure.
- In-depth understanding of the federal government procurement and contracting process.
- In-depth technical understanding of satellite telecommunications particularly in government or secure military or civilian applications.
- Self-starter capable of managing opportunities all the way through the entire sales process.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Intelsat's services and new product offerings.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens..
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.