Research Associate - Science and Technology Division
The Science and Technology Division at the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) in Alexandria, VA has an immediate career opportunity open for a Research Associate. The ideal candidate is someone naturally curious and inquisitive about a variety of disciplines involving quantitative analyses and applied research in the behavioral and social sciences. This individual should be willing to regularly learn new topics, especially those concerning national security.
The Research Associate will assist with studies and analyses for a broad range of interdisciplinary projects involving behavioral science, modelling dynamic systems, and technology evaluation. The projects include topics such as: evaluating human performance in complex situations; reviewing cutting edge research findings and technologies; and assessing the effectiveness of education and training programs as they relate to work performance.
- A Master’s of Arts/Sciences degree in a behavioral and social sciences to include: psychology, sociology, computational social science, cognitive science, neuroscience, political science, and anthropology.
- Experience analyzing empirical data in an academic or professional setting is required.
- Computer programming skills using languages such as: R, Python, SPSS, SAS, is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship required.