Expert Committee Manager (906-679)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports working and official meetings of Expert Committees and their related groups (Expert Panels, Subcommittees, Collaborative Groups, etc.) and CoE-related events such as workshops through such activities as agenda development, briefing book production, action item tracking and management, and note-taking at working and other related meetings.
- Coordinates and tracks staff activities related to new or revised standards from development through ballot preparation
- Tracks documentary and reference standard availability for balloting, working with program and Executive Secretariat staff, and saves files to necessary network folders.
- Assists preparation of summaries of USP’s decisions (commentaries) as USP’s official response in collaboration with SD staff as
- Works with SD management and Scientific Liaisons to coordinate compendial projects, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinates internal teams, as necessary including scheduling of meetings, production of meeting agendas, briefing materials, notes, action item and records management.
- Supports cross-departmental and cross-divisional activities as related to projects.
- Manages logistics support for teams in standards-setting topics, working with department heads and Directors as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in biochemistry or a related science; or business-related graduate degree and/or certification
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience or project management skills
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a compendial or regulatory environment, or related experience
- Knowledge of project planning and project management
- Knowledge of global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries and related trade associations
- Excellent facilitation, conflict resolution, and team building skills in the management of cross-functional teams
- Superior interpersonal skills: professionalism, accountability, helpfulness, delegation, and customer service
- Comfortable working with internal and external professionals
- Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project or similar, e-mail, and workflow systems)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Ability to recognize and escalate issues potentially requiring upper management awareness and input
- Ability to facilitate group interactions through interpersonal and tool-based skills to achieve project goals
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular