Sr Commercial Lending Underwriter
4 days left
- Full Time
National Cooperative Bank (NCB) is seeking a Sr Commercial Lending Underwriter for its Arlington, VA office.
The Senior Underwriter will provide credit analysis/ underwriting, cash flow modeling and support for the business development officer for new loan originations, and portfolio management.
1. The Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting commercial transactions and analyzing potential new business for portfolio both general commercial and owner occupied RE while managing the risk of the banks current C&I portfolio. Works closely with underwriters, other Senior Underwriters, Senior Vice President of Underwriting and senior management for the purposes of prospecting new transactions and analyzing the credit quality of prospective and current business. Functions will include credit analysis, due diligence, minor closing tasks and loan processing. Analysis includes preparing and reviewing a spreadsheet of historical financial data, evaluating impact of new debt on current cash flow, sensitizing projections for worst case scenarios and comparing ratios to industry averages. In addition to financial review, a collateral and industry assessment is included in a written presentation, which also summarizes strengths and weaknesses of credit and a recommendation to decline or approve the request. 45%
2. Responsible for processing committed transaction, submitting deals for approval, and managing C&I portfolio transactions. Incumbent must possess the ability to present both committed transactions and prospective deals to the the bank’s Credit Committee for approval. Underwriting includes but is not limited to: , debt structuring, cash flow modeling, asset valuation, due diligence (UCC and litigation Searches; B&D ordering and environmental, appraisal, feasibility and engineering reports for owner occupied RE transactions), analyzing market conditions, lease review, loan document review, closing and loan administration. 25%
4. Prepare quarterly and annual reviews for commercial loans. Reviews encompass analyzing market conditions, cash flow review, and financial review. 15%
5. Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary for portfolio and prospective new business. Stay abreast of market conditions and other changes that impact the lines of businesses. Attend industry-related conference and seminars. 10%
6. Engage in compliance for annual USA Patriot Act compliance and perform other duties as assigned. 5%
*** BA/BS in finance, business administration, real estate finance or related field.
*** 10+ years of Commercial Lending experience - underwriting and/or portfolio management at a National Commercial Bank.
*** Demonstrated analytical, cash flow modeling and conceptual skills, formal credit training is a plus strong financial analysis and spreadsheet skills.
*** Create models used to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its viability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk.
***Underwriting the financial strength of an individual, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
***Strong knowledge of loan structuring with ability to balance bank objectives and borrower expectations.
**** Manage relationships with internal personnel, borrowers, borrowers’ representatives including accountants and attorneys, and third party vendors including appraisers, environmentalists and engineers
Apply for Sr Commercial Lending Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly