Manager, Marketing Websites
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA needs a savvy digital marketing leader who sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and technical implementation. As the overall business owner of BNA.com, this role directs and manages the design, development, optimization, administration, and maintenance of the Bloomberg BNA corporate and internal websites to: promote Bloomberg BNA’s corporate brand; drive traffic; generate leads; maximize trials and transactional sales; and continually test website elements to identify top-performing elements and optimize conversions. Must be digitally fluent with hands-on experience managing websites and related technologies, including but not limited to, content management systems (CMS), web analytics, tag management, and testing/optimization platforms. Experience with website redesign and CMS migration projects is critical. Bloomberg BNA will transition to a new CMS in the coming months and seeks a seasoned leader to guide migration efforts.
- Lead the strategy, design, and development of marketing and internal websites, including the development of business and technical requirements, implementation, and reporting and measurement of the impact of the enhancements on the business.
- Serve as key point of contact to collaborate and liaise with internal Product Development and IT departments to manage technology for online applications, including CMS, e-commerce system, and registration and web trial process.
- Use web analytics to proactively present new and innovative ways to optimize the performance of the marketing and internal websites to achieve business goals.
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders to optimize website usability and performance to increase traffic, customer engagement, and conversion rates to:
- Ensure that all external sites are optimized for SEO to maximize organic traffic from major search engines
- Develop new strategies and tactics to improve site performance and relay best practices to stakeholders
- Regularly review website performance reporting to track KPIs
- Serve as project manager and technical liaison between Corporate Marketing and Product Development in implementation and maintenance of website enhancements, changes, and bug fixes to:
- Facilitate and prioritize the requirements building process based on overall business goals
- Document and manage the prioritization of tasks (user stories) within the Agile framework and JIRA system
- Ensure continuous quality assurance of all work across Marketing and technical development teams
- Communicate the status of projects in the development queue and production to key stakeholders
- Manage development and maintenance of CMS and e-commerce platforms for marketing websites, including administration, training, and updates for new software versions. Will own the transition to a new CMS.
- Daily management of small Corporate Marketing website team, including roles, responsibilities, and work flow processes. Encourages career development and provides adequate training to staff members.
- Lead special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
7 to 10 years’ experience in developing and maintaining corporate and e-commerce web sites; working knowledge level HTML, and CSS code aptitude; preferred experience with other scripting languages; proven track record of leveraging digital tools and analytics; demonstrated experience in the website design process from planning through deployment, project management, and maintenance; expert knowledge of website architecture, taxonomy, and development of e-commerce websites. B2B experience preferred; in-depth experience with digital marketing, including SEO/SEM and landing page optimization and testing; strong project management skills, including ability to plan, prioritize and complete work on tight deadlines and budgets; working knowledge of HTML/CSS and willingness to roll up sleeves to code and move projects forward where needed; experience with CMS, e-commerce, testing, web analytics, marketing automation platforms, and systems integration is critical; familiarity with Adobe Marketing Cloud in Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target, plus digital tag management, is preferred; prior experience managing a team of direct reports; excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in web development, information management, marketing, business, or related subject area or equivalent experience.
Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA’s authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
Bloomberg BNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, domestic partner benefits, transportation subsidies, annual and sick leave, parenting leave, 401(k), and much more.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.