Customer Service Representatives, IAM Benefit Trust Fund
The National IAM Benefit Trust Fund is conducting a search for Customer Service Representatives for the Claims Department. The desired candidate must possess excellent communication and customer service skills, a professional, courteous, and articulate phone manner, the ability to listen, and strong analytical skills. Customer Service Representatives must also have the following competencies:
- Ability and skill set to learn and understand the benefits of the various health and welfare options provided by the Fund (medical, dental, vision, short term disability, and life and AD&D), as well as the ancillary programs that are available with enrollment in the health and welfare options
- Must receive training on HIPAA privacy practices and understand the importance of privacy of protected health information and have the skill set and ability to comply with related regulations
- Must be able to receive and respond to telephone inquiries from participants, providers of service, employers, and others in a timely and professional manner, including calls about eligibility, benefit, and claim issues that will require internal and external research
- Ability to learn and utilize various resources, databases, and websites to review and solve inquiries related to Plan benefits and eligibility, and assist callers with navigating Fund and vendor websites
- Ability to review and process telephone messages and handle or route all requests accordingly
- Ability and desire to with special projects
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Claims processing background or claims customer service background desired
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology and procedures preferable
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced call center environment
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Word and Excel
The Customer Service Representative is required to work with all Fund Managers and staff to meet departmental needs and required deadlines. Hours of work will be one of the following assigned shifts: 7:30am-3:30pm or 9:00am-5:00p.m. If needed, the candidate must be able to work either shift on short notice. The desired candidate must be able to work in an automated environment and pass a basic computer test. High school diploma required and some college preferred. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should have a very good attendance record, strong interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, and exemplify the IAMBFO Core Values.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to Cynthia Dietrich, Director of Human Resources, at CDietrich@iamnpf.org
The Fund offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, and the opportunity to work in a collegial environment. This position is open until filled. Start date to be determined after candidate is selected.