Manager, Kidney Health Initiative
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents nearly 17,000 physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a full-time Manager for its public-private partnership, the Kidney Health Initiative (KHI).
KHI, a strategic priority for the Society, enhances patient safety and fosters innovation in kidney disease. KHI implements projects in partnership with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other government agencies (such as the National Institutes of Health and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) as well as a diverse and broad set of member organizations and companies, including patient organizations, healthcare professional organizations, pharmaceutical, device manufacturers, and biotechnology companies.
The KHI Manager will support the KHI Board of Directors in its goal to recruit and retain members, share knowledge through an annual meeting, promote the Initiative through internal and external communications, support KHI project teams, and help ensure a superb operation for the Initiative.
Reporting to the KHI Project Director, the KHI Manager responsibilities include both project management as well as the opportunity to exhibit critical thinking, creativity, and team building.
Specific examples of daily activities include
- Mentoring and managing several team members focused on communications, marketing, membership, project submission, workgroups, and operations.
- Supporting the development of the Annual KHI Stakeholders Meeting program. This includes coordinating with Society’s meeting team, handling communications, and coordinating speakers.
- Providing project management support to workgroups including but not limited to developing project plans and assisting workgroup chairs in meeting deadlines as outlined.
- Assisting with the Initiative’s communication plan including developing strategy and timing for communications, reviewing documents, and working with the Society’s internal staff to disseminate the communications.
- Fostering the success of the project submission process. This responsibility includes maintaining the online project portal, arranging calls with members who need assistance with their submission, and developing materials to educate and train members on the process to submit a project proposal.
- Overseeing accurate membership records in the Society’s central membership database.
- Coordinating and sharing information with ASN staff.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work well as a part of team, mentor colleagues in their professional development, and work well with a wide range of people located throughout the United States and the world.
- Be self-directed and possess broad organizational experience including but not limited to strong administrative, organizational, time-management, business writing, financial management and computer skills.
- Have a minimum of eight to 10 years of work experience, including experience managing individuals or a team.
- Have direct experience or be familiar with biotechnology, medical device or pharmaceutical industry and/or the federal research enterprise.
Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree encouraged but not required.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: KHI Manager) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.