The primary purpose of this position is to assist Northwest Credit Union in living out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. To achieve this goal, the position must deliver the highest quality service to internal and external members. A key component of service to our external members is to identify their financial needs and recommend an appropriate Northwest Credit Union solution.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WITHIN THE FOLLOWING DAYS AND TIMES:
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm OR 10:30am to 7:00pm
Rotating Saturdays 9:00am to 1:00pm (Work every two Saturdays)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Analyzes reports of loans 30 or more days delinquent as well as holds and restrictions. Researches accounts for errors and takes step to rectify said errors.
• Performs all collection efforts such as telephone contact, email contact and written correspondence and maintains detailed notes in account documentation.
• Maintains an active and continuing dialogue with members on all matters related to their past due account and missing collateral.
• Gathers data and prepares reports to be reviewed by the Executive Staff on loans to be charged off.
• Assists co-workers and other departments when necessary (e.g. for returned checks and disputed Credit Bureau reports, preparation of information for the Repossession Specialist to repossess vehicles.
• Is responsible for analyzing and correcting credit disputes errors from the Credit Bureaus and members.
• The Collectors have additional clerical support responsibilities as directed by the Collection Manager.
• Collectors must have working knowledge in locating delinquent members. Utilizes tools such as credit reports, internet, and image system in analyzing/researching information.
• Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years’ experience in a credit union or financial services setting.
- Working knowledge of credit union policies and procedures.
- Good writing and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of the NWFCU organization; teller training and an MSR background preferred.
- Experience handling collection situations according to applicable laws and policies.
- Must be willing to gain knowledge of the laws relating to Collection and Credit Bureau procedures.
- Must have an understanding of legal requirements affecting collection cases.
- Must be willing to attend classes/seminars for bankruptcy basics, skip-tracing and financial counseling.
Basic computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and use of the Internet such as, Internet Explorer, and searching websites for skip-tracing, credit dispute resolution. Must become proficient in Akcelerant, Synergy and Springboard. Must have knowledge of use of a fax machine, copier and scanner.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to interpret the law regarding the collection of accounts and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to other credit union employees of all levels as well as credit union members.
Must have the ability to apply a common sense understanding of a member’s finances/budget. Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in the written and oral form.
Must answer and talk on the telephone. Some standing and walking is required. Must occasionally reach with hands and arms. Must lift and move up to 10lbs.
Typical office space provided where noise is moderate.
All positions require U.S. citizenship and a Federal Government Security Clearance. Those with an active security clearance are encouraged to apply; NWFCU will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. Further, all applicants must pass bondability requirements and will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine eligibility for employment with NWFCU.
Necessary accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)