SYS OPS Admin
6 days left
- Full Time
ResponsibilitiesThe Amazon Web Services Certified SysOps Administrator will have the technical expertise in deployment, management, and operational sustainment of managed services within the AWS platform. The Ideal Candidate will: Be awesome to work with. Our company was built to support the Special Operations Forces community. The right candidate is dynamic and creative, and is willing to take on any challenge. You enjoy working in the public sector. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cutting-edge cloud computing systems for one of the world’s foremost special operations communities. Have an understanding of standards and compliance requirements that impact the public sector. The candidate has a variety of experiences working as an architect, systems or network engineer, or software engineer. You enjoy making use of your existing skills, but also developing new ones. You relish diving deep into the details surrounding a challenge…possibly writing code…and generally doing what it takes to accomplish the mission of supporting our Air Force Special Operations warriors. Functional duties include:
- Automating deployment of elastic, highly available and fault tolerant systems within in the Amazon Web Service cloud computing environment.Adhering to the DevOps lifecycle, using a suite of standard tools and practices.Migrating legacy on-premises services, leveraging native AWS services and technologies where possible.Identifying and mitigating threats to security postures.Possess good speaking and presentation skills for use in both formal settings, as well as white-boarding sessions with other seasoned developers and architects.Consistently demonstrate a thorough understanding of best practices when operating in a remote computing environment.
- 18-24 months of experience interacting with a remote computing environment such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud, or OpenStack, especially using command line interfacesThoroughly proficient in operating within a Unix or Linux environmentExperience in automating tasks using a script or interpreted language such as bash, PowerShell, Perl, Python, or Java, and automation frameworks like Terraform, Vagrant, and PackerExperience deploying web application frameworks, such as Node.js, Django, Zope, or RailsExperience using any of AWS CloudFormations, OpenStack Heat, Azure Resource Templates, or Google Deployment to automate deployment of cloud resourcesExposure to cloud APIs such as Fog, Boto, libcloud or similarAbility to use a source control management system such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion
- Expertise in either relational (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL) or big data (Hadoop/EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, DynamoDB) products and their design/usageExperience using configuration management tools such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef, or SaltExperience using continuous integration/delivery/deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Travis, or BambooIndustry certifications, such as Red Hat, Microsoft, Juniper, Cisco, Citrix or VMWareExposure to security tools and appliances such as Nessus Security Scanner, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, TrendMicro Deep Security, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, or FortiNetExposure to monitoring and analytic tools Splunk, SolarWinds, Naigos, ZenossExperience with Identity and Access Management products that enable identity federation leveraging SAML, OAUTH, or Kerberos
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- The work is performed in an office environment
- Possible short term TDYs to meet with users
- Must be able to obtain a passport for OCONUS travel, if required
- Lift over 35 LBS