Adjunct Research Analyst - Joint Advanced Warfighting Division
6 days left
- Full Time
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a federally funded research and development center supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal agencies that require rigorous and objective analysis of national security issues.
Challenging career opportunities now exist at IDA in the Joint Advanced Warfighting Division (JAWD) in our Systems and Analyses Center. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach. Researchers work closely with and are in frequent contact with government sponsors.
JAWD seeks candidates for a senior Research Analyst to support the development and analyses of military capabilities particularly those related to joint operations. Specific areas of research include defense innovation and horizon scanning, concept development and experimentation, red teaming, and lessons mining.
The general responsibilities requires familiarity with:
- Concepts, doctrine, and structure of the major elements of US national security (Diplomatic, Informational, Military, and Economic);
- Military capabilities and concepts employed as part of a joint or coalition force;
- Innovation and management processes associated with development of capabilities and force requirements as a part of defense resource and acquisition decision making;
- The assessment of programs or operational concepts;
- Planning, facilitating, and summarizing the efforts of senior-level conferences and seminars;
- The production of research briefs, papers, studies, or scholarly works.
- Possess an advanced degree (doctorate preferred, but not required)
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Capacity for independent critical thought and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead or contribute effectively to a team approach to complex problem solving.
- Highly qualified candidates should have experience including the following:
- Experience with the development of strategies or related products at the strategic or operational level for the Department of Defense (or civilian equivalent);
- Service on a senior level government, joint, or Service (civilian or military) staff;
- Use or interpretation of models, simulations and analytical tools;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining how their skill set, experiences, and education align with the defined responsibilities.
- Candidates must be prepared to provide a writing sample and identify three references capable of attesting to the candidate’s experience and skills relating to the above.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances.