Computer Systems Support Administrator
IDA’s Enterprise IT Operations team has an immediate career opening for a knowledgeable, resourceful and self-motivated IT professional to join our Tier 2 IT helpdesk. This is more than a ticket taking role. The Computer Systems Support Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting a huge range of complicated hardware and software problems, both remotely and deskside. Given the complexity of technology at IDA, the helpdesk team can be responsible for troubleshooting issues ranging from basic password resets, keyboard or monitor issues, Network Drive problems, iPhone’s MobileIron not working, and upto troubleshooting VPN malfunctions and so on…
In addition to the technical knowledge, we are seeking someone with the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills. Customer Service is very important with this role.
- Assembles, configures, delivers, implements, maintains, and provides technical support and user assistance for a variety of multiplatform endpoint systems, telecommunications, conference support (audio-visual) equipment, and client based services. Ensures component compatibility with existing baseline and network architectures, compliance with corporate IT policy, and staff member requirements though a consultation process.
- Processes, coordinates, troubleshoots, resolves and provides technical assistance in support of Help Desk tickets and Change requests. Maintains the customer support service areas and provides customer assistance with portable endpoint systems.
- Performs a range of administrative tasks to include warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting problem resolutions, conference support schedules, and maintaining the tape/disk library and media libraries for offsite storage,
- Assists in the development, design, and architecture of new technological solutions; participates in systems research, testing, and software command scripting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an IT related disciple and one year of relevant technical experience; OR, the equivalency of three years of relevant technical experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows operating systems is required.
- Microsoft Certifications such as, MCSA, MCSE and MTA, is desired but not required.
- Working knowledge with PKI is desired but not required.
- Prior experience troubleshooting VPN issues is ideal but is not required.
- Currently possess a DoD 8570 IAT certification is preferred; OR, must be able to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT certification within six months of hire in order to troubleshoot classified networks.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.