UNIX / Linux Systems Administrator - TS/SCI Clearance Required
- Support customer in maintaining enterprise management of databases and web-applications, software tools for network management and performance.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of computer software systems in conjunction with maintaining software systems and the team's products including, but not limited to, utility software and diagnostic software.
- Maintains network management systems and software tools.
- Consults with engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operational software and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Responsible for research, design and development of computer software systems in conjunction with maintaining software systems and the team's products including, but not limited to, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming and documentation.
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications in-house software and scripts.
- Participates in the design and coding of in-house software products.
- Performs systems modelling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyses test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX Experience.
- Developed research and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid teamwork skills - the ability to collaborate with others who are conducting research in the same, similar or different areas.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Security + CE
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.
- Perl Scripting Experience
- Network Management Tools
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.