Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs
The Not for- Profit Hospital Corporation, commonly known as United Medical Center (UMC), is a District of Columbia government hospital serving Southeast DC and surrounding Maryland communities.
United Medical Center is seeking a Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs. The position will manage the Quality Management Department which provides expertise and support to clinical and non-clinical managers and staff throughout the hospital in the areas of: Accreditation and Regulatory requirements; Performance Improvement; Patient Safety; Infection Control; Case Management; Utilization Review; Risk Management; and Data and Analytics. Partners with clinical and nonclinical staff to develop, implement, monitor and improve structures required to achieve high quality, safe, cost-effective health care. You must be able to effectively assist managers and leaders to mobilize various teams throughout the organization to ensure continuous accreditation standards compliance. You will oversee the hospital’s compliance designee who also has dotted line reporting to CEO. Collaborates with hospital leadership to ensure quality management plan and activities are appropriately aligned with the organization’s strategic plans and key result areas. Knowledge and experience in health care accreditation and regulatory requirements, performance improvement, patient safety, infection control, case management, utilization review, and data and analytics are required. Ensures regulatory and payer quality data is collected and submitted as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must hold and maintain current state professional clinical licensure (e.g. RN, MD)
- Five years quality management experience in a hospital setting. Significant experience in accrediting body and regulatory agency requirements and preparatory activities.
- regulatory agency and accrediting body survey activities plans of correction,
- Significant knowledge and experience in accrediting body and regulatory agency requirements and preparatory activities.
- Six Sigma or CPHQ preferred.
- Financial and analytical skills.
United Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining a inclusive culture. United Medical Center offers our professional team members great benefit packages and competitive salaries. United Medical Center does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply, visit our website at www.united-medicalcenter.com or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org