Accounts Payable Clerk
- Full Time
- Assist with approving and processing payments for invoices, expense reports, check requests, and travel authorizations.
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Responsible for compliance of 1099 reporting and annual 1099 preparation, inclusive of maintaining accurate vendor data,
- Review invoices and check request for verification of authorization and coding in compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- Ensuring invoices and check requests are not processed without a valid W-9 form but working with internal and external customers to obtain needed Form W9- Request for Taxpayer Identification number on file when applicable.
- Input accounts payable data into the automated accounting system,
- Process invoices and check request into A/P system and maintain account payable files.
- Provide back up of mail distribution, the distribution of vendor invoices for approval, maintenance of vendor database and other specific files thoroughly and accurately.
- Respond to all vendor, staff and department inquires.
- Assist with preparation for the annual audit and performs year-end accounts payable processing.
- Assist and Retrieve documents for month-end close/ reporting and for other purposes, as required, including copying source documents on a regular basis.
- Assist with other projects as required.
Communicates with Financial Services Division and other NRA staff, management, and outside customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree minimum required.
- 2+ years of experience in processing accounts payable.
- Must possess knowledge of sales and use of tax regulations as well as 1099 reporting compliance with a willingness to comprehend and grasp new regulations if applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Effectively accomplish tasks under minimal supervision. Must possess a high level of organization. Impeccable oral and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented while handling multiple tasks. Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Sage Pro. ERP, or other financial package software. Ability to perform data entry and inquiry function in a data processing environment. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced work environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Confidentiality a must.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us
Apply for Accounts Payable Clerk
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly