Cloud Solution Architect
Job Description:The Global Solutions Division (GSD) of General Dynamics IT (GDIT) is seeking a Solution Architect, with specialized experience in Cloud Computing. This role requires someone with a mix of Technical, Management, and Strategic insight. The three primary roles performed in this position are: 1) Pre-sales support for Business Development, 2) Proposal / Solution Architecture, and 3) Providing Technical leadership to new or existing programs. Required Skills:Must have five or more years of experience in performing the following activities:
- Must be able to independently, or part of a team, develop overall customer solutions sets for cloud hosting and application migration. Provide Technical SME support for delivery of cloud enablement and capabilities to potential customers in support of the GDIT Business Development Team. As a cloud computing SME, develop presentations, white papers and responses to Request for Information (RFI) showcasing the capabilities of GDIT as well as solutions sets tailored for individual customers. Serve in the role of Solution Architect for strategic captures, developing detailed customer solutions based on government solicitations that distinguish GDIT from our competitors in solving customer requests. Lead the development of labor estimates for proposal responses, performing tradeoffs to produce the best value for the customer based on solicitation requirements. Lead an integrated technical team composed of Solution Architects, Domain SMEs, and subcontractors in the development and production of technical solution sets for customers. Experience as a Technical SME in leading and capturing DoD IT contracts in excess of $100M. Hands-on experience with new program start-ups, developing the Technical Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for project performance, selecting staff, training and mentoring, and development of technical delivery framework. Serve as a technical SME to existing projects, provide leadership, guidance, and surge support with SME in Cloud services.
- Direct experience supporting DoD customers in the cloud, to include Microsoft Azure Government, Amazon Web Services GovCloud, and the AWS Intelligence Cloud. Certification in products from Microsoft, or Amazon. DoD IAT Level III certification (CISSP or CASP)
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Analyzes the information systems to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the systems design and architecture.
- Performs preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
- Leads the development and implementation of the information systems security programs
- Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required