Sales Store Checker
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
- Not Required
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp.applications, to qualify for this position you must possess six months of general experience OR one full year of education beyond the high school level that was completed in an accredited business, secretarial, technical school, junior college, college or university OR a qualifying combination of experience and education.
General experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to perform the duties of Sales Store Checker.
When relying on education to qualify for this position (1) you must provide your transcripts and (2) your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx for more information. Failing to submit your transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts as long as they contain your name, the school's name, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
When relying on education to qualify for this position (1) you must provide your transcripts and (2) your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx for more information. Failing to submit your transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts as long as they contain your name, the school's name, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59PM EST on the Monday, July 10, 2017 in order to be considered.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time (Hours May Vary)
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: Are Not Authorized
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes, however some locations may be excluded.
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Work requires standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 25 pounds independently and occasionally over 25 pounds with assistance, twisting, bending, and manual dexterity. May be exposed to hot or cold environments which may include temperature changes because of opening and closing of outside doors.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov for more information.
- Obligated Position: No
- Other Notes:
- This announcement establishes an applicant pool from which vacancies may be filled up to 90 days after the closing date.
Those selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year probationary period.
- If you are using part-time work to qualify for this position, be sure your resume reflects the beginning and ending dates of your employment and the number of hours you worked per week.
- All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of their most recent Standard Form (SF) 50 Notification of Personnel Action showing tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Those selected for this position must submit a completed and signed OF-306 Declaration of Federal Employment. You may complete and submit this form with your application and other supporting documents, if you choose.
Public Trust - Background Investigation