Operations Assistant (Veterinary Services) NF-03
- Full Time
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Become a part of the Army's Global Veterinary Medical Practice (GVMP) - A challenging yet rewarding employment opportunity! The GVMP operates veterinary treatment facilities (VTFs) on most military installations for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. Your work will be dedicated to pet health within the military community and in support of the United States Army Medical Command. Animal Health is an integral part of the Army's public health mission and touches the lives of Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, military members, and their families.
GVMP employees work closely with both Military Veterinary Medical Officers and civilian Veterinarians to provide quality healthcare to privately owned animals and deliver the highest level of customer service while adhering to federal and state guidelines and regulations. Due to this organization's unique mission, GVMP relies heavily on a motivated and dedicated workforce. We strive to deliver quality care by placing importance on maintaining a diverse team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
This position is located at Fort Belvior, Fairfax County, VA
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is affiliation with Fort Belvior. NOTE: Affiliation means that you are either: currently employed on this installation, a spouse/family member of an active duty soldier assigned to this installation, a family member/dependent to someone that is currently employed on this installation, or an involuntarily separated military member.
As an Operations Assistant, serve as the lead point of contact for the day-to-day front office operations of a veterinary clinic. Performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions including, but not limited to, typing and office automation. Coordinates with clinic management to establish clinic schedule and appointment availability. Loads schedules into AVI mark Practice Management System. Serves as clinic ordering official and Government Purchase Cardholder.
- Not Required
Possess progressive work experience which demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to perform the duties of the position (to include purchasing/monitoring supplies, preparing/submitting payroll, maintaining clinic files, and use of office automation).
Highly Preferred Criteria:
Clerical experience in a Veterinary Clinic or equivalent or working in an outpatient medical facility/operations as clerical-administrative support.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. A one-year probationary period may be required.
3. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks to include NACI to determine suitability for this position.
6. Satisfactorily complete a physical examination (to include all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment) prior to entrance on duty.
7. Valid social security card and photo ID are required prior to entrance on duty.
8. If required, must be able to receive all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment.
9. Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
10. Must have the ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events - as needed by management
NOTE: Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.