Purchasing Agent (S17)
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
S17, $55,272 - $77,381
Washington Dulles International Airport;
Procurement and Contracts Department, MA-950
This position has promotion potential to Grade S18.
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (3) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQs)
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience (post high school) coordinating or providing a wide range of administrative-logistical support services, such as, but not limited to:
(a) working with customers to ascertain their needs and provide the required information or service consistent with policies/procedures,
(b) providing general clerical support (taking calls, providing information, checking drafts for typos and conformance to standards, typing documents in final, maintaining spreadsheets, etc.),
(c) running reports using computerized information systems,
(d) learning and applying new systems, and (e) working effectively as a team member.
Three years of these five years of experience must include experience in procurement and contracting that includes:
(i) selecting contract type (such as firm fixed price and fixed unit price) and method of solicitation (such as RFQ, RFP and IFB) based on a variety of considerations, including complexity of the good/service/project, dollar value, availability of comparative price data and period of contract performance,
(ii) identifying sources by conducting market research to identify potential offerors that can satisfy the technical pricing and delivery requirements and meet socio-economic (and other types of special program) requirements/goals, and
(iii) responding to questions from COTRs and contractors, attempting to resolve problems.
(iv) evaluating contract changes which require adjustments to the contract price and scope, and recommending modifications to the contract.
NOTE: A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy MQ 1 may be substituted for two of these four years. One example is an associate’s degree in any field that demonstrates ability to successfully perform the DUTIES in this job description, such as those listed in items (a) through (e) and (i) through (iii) above; it may be substituted for two of the required four years of experience.
3. A Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) Procurement Certification or another nationally or federally recognized procurement certification/credential or ability to obtain a Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) Procurement Certification or another nationally or federally recognized procurement certification/ credential within two years from the date of the Final Offer Letter.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. A bachelor’s degree in any field providing a strong foundation for successful performance of the DUTIES in this job description.
2. Public sector purchasing experience.
3. Experience using an automated procurement processing system, such as an enterprise system, covering the procurement-supply chain.
4. A Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) Procurement Certification or another nationally or federally recognized procurement certification/credential.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.