Principal Network Engineer - TS/SCI - Alexandria, VA
Principal Network Engineer
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments, focus on virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as integrating subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2. 8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
2. Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications to include VDI.
4. Experience with United States Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems (US BICES) desired.
5. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges.
ITIL V3 Foundation certification to be achieve within 6 months of hire. ITIL Practitioner level preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.