IS Support Technician/Help Desk
IS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Outstanding DC firm has an immediate need for an experienced IS Support Technician to join their DC IT team.
The IS Support Technician provides second level support to end-users regarding IT incidents and service requests. This role is critical in meeting the Department objectives for providing high quality customer service and technical support for HHR supported technologies; ensuring service levels are met or exceeded. This position will report to the Director of User Support and Education. Daily oversight and scheduling will be provided by the IS Support Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st level phone when available or when requested by the Service Delivery Coordinator.
- Provided 2nd level support for all Firm related mobile and desktop hardware and software.
- Track all incidents and service requests in Help Desk ITSM system.
- Maintain detailed and accurate notes on all incidents, this includes but is not limited to symptoms, error message and troubleshooting steps taken.
- Maintain ownership of all incidents through resolution including regular follow-up with escalation groups and customer.
- Use of the tools and knowledge available to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Escalate incidents and problems you are unable to resolve to the appropriate 3rd level support/engineering teams.
- Adhere to all Firm defined operation level agreements, procedures and policies.
- Contribute to Help Desk ITSM Knowledgebase.
- Facilitate project related tasks to completion.
- This role will be part of the team responsible for quality control related testing of desktop and mobile environments.
- Actively engage in testing software and hardware updates, patches, and new applications etc to ensure that stable, useable high quality product is delivered to the end user.
- Document and report testing results in accordance with the Department procedures.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in the Firm supported end user applications and hardware.
- Develop and maintain superior customer service and incident management skills.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Skills & Requirements:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in an Information Systems (IS) Help Desk Technician role.
- Experience using, incident management systems in a heavy call volume environment.
- Solid knowledge of other products including desktop hardware and peripherals, phones, A/V equipment (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, smartphones and tablets).
- Advanced working knowledge of computer technologies and software including but not limited to: Windows, Apple OSX, Apple iOS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Bomgar, RSA, Citrix VDI, Citrix VPN, Printer Management, Wireless Networking.
- Experience supporting Legal Industry specific applications including but not limited to: DMS System (Autonomy-Interwoven FileSite/DeskSite), Innova, Relativity, Lexis-Nexis, LiveNote, Legal Key, Workshare Compare.
- Preference will be given to candidates with any or all of the following certifications: Help Desk Certification, Microsoft MOUS Certification, MTA or MCSA.
- IT Service Management Methodology knowledge.
Education & General Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with strong academic record.
- Attributes expected of all candidates include: responsibility, honesty, reliability, initiative, patience, attention to detail, determination, taking pride in one’s work, and a desire to learn.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively as part of the Information Systems team, delivering high quality services to the Firm and our clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively complete operational and project based assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in person and in writing, with Firm personnel at all levels and outside parties as necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attendance Requirements:
- On site during normal working hours and available as necessary before or after normal working hours to work at the Firm, over the telephone, or at off-site meetings, in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the Firm.
- Flexible work hours in the case of an emergency and/or last minute coverage needs including some holiday coverage.
- Expected to carry a wireless email device and respond when necessary.
- Travel Requirements:
- Ability to engage in off-site travel as required from time to time, in order to meet the demands of the job, and the needs of the Firm.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org