Construction Manager will help the advance the company's success by providing project management on assigned projects. CM will to the day to day management and oversight of general contractor as well as project financial oversight for assigned projects in Mid-Atlantic region.
Initial assignment will be on site management at One Light Street in Baltimore, MD. One Light Street is a 28-story post tensioned concrete multi use building with 2 levels of garage below grade, 7 levels of garage atop the building lobby and BOH space, 9 levels of office and 10 levels of multi-family residential and an extensive amenity space at rooftop. Due to the status of the project being under construction with significant milestone deadlines this position requires strong contract and schedule management capabilities.
- Work directly with the Development Manager on developing the overall vision and strategic direction of assigned projects. This includes selecting appropriate construction methods.
- Assist the Development Manager on assigned projects in the entitlement, design, approval and permitting process and maintaining positive relationships with relevant jurisdictions and planning boards
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to staff and other professionals
- Report on work progress and budget matters to Executive staff
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists
- Oversight and management of construction contractor and any ancillary owner contractors or vendors that are engaged on site.
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from development to completion.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the construction process from concept to delivery and operation.
- Communicate and manage all construction related issues and risks affecting the projects. Develop and maintain an exposure log that accurately depicts cost and time exposures to the project.
- As assigned - lead and manage a team of professionals to ensure effective project delivery
- Assist the Development manager in managing the financial analysis for the economic performance of projects
- Manage the procurement of general contractors along with the negotiation and construction contract process
- Participate in the leasing process to provide construction support as needed
- Manage delivery of spaces to tenants and tenant improvements
- Review and negotiate construction related change orders. This may include preparation of cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Work with the design and construction teams to ensure that construction projects maintain code compliance
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) in Engineering or Architecture or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent work experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in development and construction projects, either individually or as part of a mixed-use property, mall, strip center, lifestyle center, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in mixed-use retail/office/multi-family property.
- Understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and project management
- Ability to foresee issues, develop constructive solutions and provide decisive recommendations
- Demonstrated high level of construction management expertise
- Knowledge of local and state level laws and regulations regarding real estate development
- Ability to present to large groups of people
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of a project at one time and balance priorities and deadlines
- Ability to motivate and direct people effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/v8jwhk4rxyxv89gf