Clinical Research Associate
Summary: General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated Clinical Research Coordinator to join our team to support the Naval Medical Center at San Diego, California. You will have a key role in collaborating and coordinating with the clinical research team to deliver excellent support to our client!
- Ensures protocol plans, timelines and revisions of protocols are updated and submitted on time.
- Recruit, educate, and obtain study subject enrollment and consent.
- Administer questionnaires, collect, and analyze data according to research protocols and report results.
- Complete case report forms, maintain up-to-date research logs, schedule appointments, prepare recruitment patient letters, and various other study correspondence as required.
- Manage data according to prescribed standards and transcribe data in case report or data forms.
- Prepare documents for statistical analysis and descriptive data.
- Follow-up with study subjects in accordance with research protocol(s).
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to ensure consistent practice in patient care management.
- Ensure compliance with subject consenting and reporting of adverse events and side effects.
- Adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes of conduct with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Ensure that all research efforts are in compliance with Federal, agency, and IRB-specific requirements and regulations.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of data collections, appointments, and updates.
- Possess a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 2 years specific training and/or experience completed or performed in Human Subjects Research.
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the ability to manage Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based computer systems and applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook email.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently and maintain good communication skills with patients and other health care personnel.
- Posess experience with physiological data collection software.