Associate Systems Engineer
Perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; include investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software. Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems using knowledge of hardware and software installation and maintenance in a PC/LAN_WAN environment. Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). 1. Performs basic systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems. 4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems. 5. Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 6. Provides technical support, diagnoses and resolves operating/hardware system problems. 7. Provides assistance to higher-level systems engineers. 8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 9. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- 0-2 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture (EA) in Federal Government;
- Working knowledge of the Federal Enterprise Architecture;
- Experience with Cloud Migration strategies and execution in the Federal Government
- Experience working with stakeholders at all levels in a Federal Agency. The staff will be required to interact with FCC senior leadership such as the Chairman, Commissioners, Chief of Staff, IT Leadership (Chief Information Officer, (CIO), Deputy Chief Information Officer, (DCIO)s), IT Managers, and technical staff.
- Cloud Engineering, DevOps and Security Engineering experience and certifications/education is a major plus for this position