Presidential Management Fellows Program (PMF) - Management & Program Analyst
1 day left
- Full Time
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
- Secure and facilitate trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. regulations, including immigration and drug laws
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
Who May Apply:
- All 2017 Presidential Management Finalists
- View common definitions of terms in this announcement.
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection,Policy Directorate located in Washington, DC.
- Not Required
Eligible applicants must either:
a) have completed an advanced degree (masters, professional, or doctorate) from a qualifying college or university during the previous 2 years from the opening date of the PMF Program's annual application announcement,
b)met all advanced degree requirements including the completion or successful defense of any required thesis or dissertation by August 31st of the following year of the annual application to the PMF Program (even though you have not necessarily graduated).
You qualify for the GS-09 grade level (starting salary $54,972.00) if you possess one of the following:
- One year of specialized experience at the GS-07 level or equivalent performing duties such as writing reports, policies and summaries from a variety of sources and findings in a clear, concise manner; and assisting management in planning briefings, presentations and conferences; OR
- Combination of successfully completed graduate level education in excess of one year and required experience; OR
- Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education at an accredited or pre-accredited college or university leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
You must meet all qualification requirements, subject to verification at any stage of the application process by 06/23/2017.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Background Investigation: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is a federal law enforcement agency that requires all applicants to undergo a thorough background investigation prior to employment in order to promote the agency's core values of vigilance, service to country, and integrity. During the screening and/or background investigation process, you will be asked questions regarding any felony criminal convictions or current felony charges, the use of illegal drugs (e.g., marijuana, cocaine, heroin, LSD, methamphetamines, ecstasy), and the use of non-prescribed controlled substances including any experimentation, possession, sale, receipt, manufacture, cultivation, production, transfer, shipping, trafficking, or distribution of controlled substances.
Probationary Period: All employees new to the federal government must serve a one year probationary period during the first year of his/her initial permanent federal appointment to determine fitness for continued employment. Current and former federal employees may be required to serve or complete a probationary period.
Bargaining Unit: This position is not covered under the bargaining unit.
Program completion requirements: Eighty hours of formal interactive training per year; one developmental assignment of at least four to six months; and one rotation lasting 30 to 90 days.
Public Trust - Background Investigation