Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor) NF-02
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Location: Gaffney Fitness Center, Fort Meade, MD.
Gaffney Fitness Center provides state of the art cardiovascular equipment, free weights, and strength machines to meet patrons workout needs. Additional facilities include racquetball courts, saunas, an aerobics room, a combatives room, a 25 meter pool, and a spin room. Group fitness classes and personal training are also available.
About this Position: This position is responsible for the instruction of all levels of the learn-to-swim program, with students from age groups of infant through adults. Works with lifeguards to maintain a clean and safe pool environment.
Schedule: Applicants must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. IT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR.**
1st Cut-Off: 28 June 2017
2nd Cut-Off: 11 July 2017
3rd Cut-Off: 25 July 2017
4th Cut-Off: 08 August 2017
5th Cut-Off: 05-Sept 2017
6th Cut-Off: 03-Oct 2017
7th Cut-Off: 17-OCT 2017
8th Cut-Off: TBD
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
(Click here to view form).
2. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
3. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
4. Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Successful completion of a health assessment is required.
1- Water Safety Instructor Certification
2- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
3- First Aid Certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable)
(Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria listed in the announcement will be referred first. Preference eligible candidates who do not meet this criteria will not be referred as best qualified.)
A copy of your certification is required at the time of application in order to receive consideration for this position.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Non Veteran (OANV)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)