HRTD FINANCIAL COORDINATOR
Graduation from high school and progressively responsible experience in performing general office, clerical, and bookkeeping work that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures as applied to the organization and implementation of office systems and procedures; of effective techniques of office management; of the use of full function word processing software and standard office database software; of standard office appliances including desktop PCs, standard office software, scanners, printers, photocopiers, and facsimile machines
- Ability to organize and manage office operations for a major organization department of the School District; to perform specialized office, secretarial and administrative support work accurately and quickly; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others; to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions
- Possess a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, general vocabulary, math and good human relations and communications skills
This is secretarial and technical accounting work providing highly responsible clerical and accounting support to the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development. An employee in this position is responsible for creating and maintaining accounts and journals, posting transactions, balancing and reconciling accounts, and preparing periodic and special reports at the direction of the Assistant Superintendent. Work of this class includes office management functions and following through on matters of a very broad scope that affect all parts of the school system. Experienced workers in this position initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
- Knowledge of account maintenance procedures and ability to post and maintain a set of accounts; to process varied accounting transactions; to reconcile accounts, including tracing errors and resolving discrepancies; to search for, select, compile, and summarize data; to interpret and apply instructions and guidelines to specific situations
- Ability to compose a variety of memoranda or letters from general instructions, maintain complex records, and to assemble, organize, and prepare data from records
- Ability to arrange conferences and other activities; maintain related expense and activity files and records; make travel arrangements, prepare itineraries; process expense reimbursements
- Ability to determine work priorities; to maintain confidentiality; to work independently; and to work effectively during periods of heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge of standard office equipment, including desktop PCs, scanners, printers, photocopiers and facsimile machines, and software including Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Perform related work as required.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
254 Day Position (Prorated), 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -