Maintenance Electrician may perform the following duties to maintain government facility:
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of facility machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using handtools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, following electrical code and blueprints, using handtools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using handtools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using handtools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machinery, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using handtools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- 5+ years experience
- DC Journeyman's license
- Ability to obtain Federal Facility Badge (Government background check required)
- Must be able to pass drug test