Represent NCC affiliates in the sale of cable advertising time to national clients and their agencies that are seeking advertising opportunities on cable networks and digital platforms in political geographies. Achieve or exceed assigned quarterly and annual budget objectives for assigned agency and account list.
- Know the product - maintain thorough knowledge of local, regional and national cable programming, clients’ markets, local market cable assets and NCC digital opportunities.
- Develop customized media strategy utilizing NCC tools to best target constituents in respective political geographies.
- Work closely with other NCC departments (i.e., Business Development, Promotions, Research, eBusiness Operations) to build and facilitate new and ongoing advertising strategies.
- Regularly update manager, affiliates and colleagues with forecasting for top advertisers and key political races.
- Maintain working knowledge of media math, Strata data sets, voter data, and Excel functions and apply in avail creation and pitches.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with agencies and affiliates by practicing effective communication skills and establishing a reputation of value, integrity and credibility.
- Utilize effective sales techniques (i.e., greetings, questioning, handling objections, presenting features and benefits, negotiating, and gathering competitive analysis) during all phases of the sales process.
- Participate in the training and ongoing development of assigned Team Leader and Sales Coordinators.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- Media sales (ad agency/rep firm/broadcast station/cable affiliate/network) experience preferred
- Digital advertising experience/knowledge preferred
- Comprehension of spot cable and ability to clearly present its attributes to advertisers
- Interest and experience in the political media landscape
- Clear understanding of media math
- Proficient in Strata and Microsoft Office applications
- Good written/oral communication skills