Equal Employment Specialist, ZA-0260-2 (DE/CR)
This is a re-advertisement of NMFS-AA-2017-0017. You must apply to this announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Office of the Assistant Administrator (OAA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) with one vacancy located in Silver Spring, MD.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-2 is equivalent to the GS-7/8/9/10.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-3. The ZA-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-AA-2017-0020, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Equal Employment Specialist, ZA-0260-2 FPL 3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Not Required
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
EDUCATION: There is no positive education requirement for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify at the ZA-2 or GS-07 level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZA-1 or GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Assisting special emphasis programs designed to identify and solve the specialized employment problems of women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, as it relates to Federal employment;and
- Participating in the implementation of Equal Opportunity (EO), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Diversity and community outreach programs.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION:
A. One full year of graduate-level education.
B. Superior Academic Achievement as demonstrated by a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with one of the following. NOTE It is your responsibility to ensure your application clearly states how you meet one of the provisions below:
- a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last 2 full years of undergraduate study;
- a GPA of 3.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale for required courses completed in a major field of study, or those courses completed in a major field of study during the last two years of undergraduate study;
- class standing of upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision of the college;
- membership in a national Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A combination of related graduate level education and specialized experience.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.
Note: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
Public Trust - Background Investigation