Clinical Nurse (Sub-Specialty)
The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
This position is with Department of Surgery, Urology Clinic, located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD. You will be provide support of the Urology Service Stone Center (SC). Work is performed in a hospital, where exposure to contagious and infectious disease is common. Prolonged periods of walking and standing are required, as well as the ability to lift, bend, and stoop.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Not Required
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and educaiton requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience. ;
Basic Requirement for Clinical Nurse (Sub-Specialty):
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed. (Note: You must provide a copy of your transcripts in order to be considered for this position.)
Registration: An active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse. (Note: You must provide a copy of your license in order to be considered for this position.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience: One year of experience which includes: conducting peri-operative nursing in assisting Licensed Independent Providers (LIPs) or other professionals in using diagnostic equipment and instruments; assessing patients to develop a care of plan; coordinating/scheduling surgical cases; utilizing health care computer systems such as Department of Defense and Military Health System medical informatics and electronic health records - Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), and Essentris; and providing patient education. (NOTE: This experience MUST be addressed on your Resume.) This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Childcare Background (CNACI) security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.
- This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical examination.
- This position is covered by the Department of Defense Civilian Employee Drug-Free Workplace Program as a testing designated position (TDP). You are required to pass urinalysis testing, as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- This position requires the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.