System Administrator - 1285
7 days left
- Full Time
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Administrator to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, Maryland location.
• Perform system administration tasks on Windows, Linux and UNIX systems
• Interface between the network and customer/labs
• Ensure configuration control procedures
• Document maintenance, repair and test activities
• Create and maintain user accounts and install hardware/software
• Monitor status of LAN/WAN and circuit switching systems
• Operate test equipment to ensure circuit, system and network signals meet minimum standards; perform circuit, systems and network patching and cross connecting to establish, sustain and restore service
• Perform QA evaluations to ensure compliance with technical orders and manufacturer specification sheets
• Control physical data link and transport layers of installed communications and computer systems required to operate cryptographic equipment
• Analyze equipment capabilities and performance, and diagnose and repair problems
• Maintain and create reports, schematics and databases
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology-intensive discipline; 4 years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree; Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience will be considered the equivalent of a Bachelors degree; a Master's degree will be considered in lieu of 2 years of professional experience
• 5 years of experience in administration of LAN/WAN systems, network security, systems maintenance, systems monitoring/reporting, requirements analysis, requirements planning, resource scheduling, CM, and documentation management
• Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team in researching data, and developing analytical techniques and methodologies
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for System Administrator - 1285
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly