Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 13016.Operations Accounting and Financial Reporting
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Under general supervision, participate in the complete start to finish processing of International and Domestic (US) payroll using the ADP payroll system. Ensure daily payroll operations are complete and accurate and in compliance with federal/state/local/country specific labor and tax laws. In addition, process all payments in a timely manner and in accordance with state, federal, local and country specific tax laws. Coordinate with payroll management to develop performance measures and implement improvements to the payroll function. Provide a strong technical expertise for the Oracle Time and Labor (OTL) and ADP payroll systems, creating and maintaining procedures for these systems, enhancing payroll processes and collaborating with other departments to support payroll-related activities.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with at least one year of experience in a multi-state and/or international payroll department.
- Knowledge of the ADP Payroll system, with a good understanding of federal and state guidelines related to payroll and taxes for both an employer and employees.
- Ability to function efficiently, willingness to collaborate and lead the resolution of issues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) of the United States.
- Ability to make gross-to-net payroll calculations without the aid of a computerized payroll system.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Job Duties Include:
- Process and review International payrolls by maintaining payroll logs, communicating payroll changes to payroll providers, validating data for accuracy, and ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner and are compliant with country specific tax and labor laws.
- Serve as backup for Domestic payroll.
- Ensure all payments are made in a timely manner and are compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Create new employee records in the payroll system and update existing records to maintain accuracy of all fields, including tax and benefits withholdings, direct deposit information and work/live state.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and other departments within the company to ensure the accuracy of special or one-off payments to employees, such as payments related to separation of employment.
- Process timesheet adjustments, payroll data files, supplemental payments, benefits, and garnishments.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual report verifications, including tax filings.
- Assist with the biweekly ADP Connect process for HR updates, review data import for accuracy and reconcile the ADP Oracle Employee Detail report.
- Recommend changes in procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll processing and payroll accounting functions.
- Develop and implement department performance measures and coordinate with management to implement action plans related to quality controls and quality improvements.
- Administer approved payroll policies and procedures, suggesting changes as appropriate, in order to comply with applicable regulations, department processes and company policies.
- Maintain quality controls for tax filings and related audits.
- Assist with yearend reporting requirements for country specific locations.
- Provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers by responding to emails and answering telephone calls.
- Maintain an understanding of the payroll-related aspects of the Oracle and ADP systems.
- Ensure that up-to-date operating procedures are in place for all vital payroll functions.
- Update quality control logs and maintain records for key payroll-related performance metrics.
- Ensure payroll-related data, reports and employee forms are filed on a timely basis.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.