Call Center Supervisor
Job Title: Call Center Supervisor
Job ID: 170318 Location: MD - Prince George's Plaza
Posting Open-Close 06/09/2017
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Description
All WMATA posted job openings are available through 11:59 pm the night before the noted Close Date. To ensure successful submission of application applicants are encouraged to apply well before this cut-off. The noted Close Date is the date on which the posting is automatically removed from the website as of 12:00am at which time submission of an application is no longer possible. (WMATA reserves the right to remove postings at any time without notice as business needs demand.)
Department Marketing Statement:
WMATA is searching for an enthusiastic, engaging, and innovative Call Center Supervisor to provide top notch service to our riders. This will be achieved by establishing goals, monitoring representative performance, and coaching them for success. Qualified candidates have demonstrated experience in leading a top performing team in a busy call center environment. Schedule flexibility is important as this position may require working on weekends/holidays. Current hours of operation are 7am-8pm M – F, weekends 8a- 6:30p
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Management or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a call center operation
- Call Center experience in a unionized, transit environment
- Prior lead or supervisory experience
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This position is responsible for oversight and supervision of the daily operations and activities of a fast paced, high volume call center operations. Incumbent ensures that customer callers are 100% satisfied with quality customer service which creates a positive image and results in meeting Metro’s strategic goals and objectives. Incumbent manages team performance by conducting quality monitoring of calls, side-by-side coaching, regular feedback to employees on individual and team performance, and utilizes solid performance management practices. Incumbent analyzes call metrics, identifies performance gaps, conducts root cause analysis and develops coaching plans to assist the employee in closing the performance gap and meeting the productivity and quality goals of the organization. The incumbent is also responsible for forging effective and collaborative partnerships within and outside of WMATA.
- Oversees and supervises the daily activities of a large high volume call center, including consumer representatives, customer information specialists and the PBX operations coordinator. Develops and enforces operating and departmental policies, procedures, and performance standards of assigned work group.
- Supervises subordinate staff, to include recommending applicant selection, imposing disciplinary actions, assigning duties and directing work, approving leave requests and timesheets, and ensuring appropriate subordinate training is provided.
- Establishes clear goals and performance standards for subordinates against which they will be measured and conducts performance evaluation of subordinates based on these standards.
- Analyzes and evaluates individual performance levels using statistical data and performs continuous monitoring of customer service information processes.
- Identifies and presents training needs to the manager and develops training curriculum for new Specialist. Develops and provides customized refresher training as necessary.
- Maintains records of time and attendance for individual Specialist, utilizing PeopleSoft system to prepare weekly payroll submission. Develops and maintains systems that produce schedules. Prepares and administers periodic shift picks for the Customer Information Specialist.
- Responds to employee grievances and complaints, and counsels employees in accordance with established employee relations procedures and practices. Enforces work standards and recommends and implements disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Assist in the development of and enforces operating and departmental policies, procedures and performance standards of the Agents as assigned.
- Prepares and enters advisory messages from a master console to Agents. Starts up and shuts down ATIS as required. Diagnoses and corrects routine problems as necessary. Develops and updates telephone answering device messages.
- Prepares and records advisory messages into Interactive Voice Recording system. Diagnoses and corrects routine system problems.
- Adheres to budget limitations and assists in supervising programs within budgetary scope. Performs related administrative duties such as composing weekly and monthly reports.
- Evaluates and forecasts staff requirements and schedules employees to respond to anticipated call volumes throughout the week such as, off request, agents under Workers Compensation, Long Term Disability, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and any other applicable leave policies.
- Interacts, communicates and works closely with personnel from all departments to ensure quality of service and regarding various employee claims and eligibilities: HR, Risk Management, Medical, Labor Relations and COUN.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.